If you have been waiting for news on when SQL Server 2016 will be released then you can stop waiting and start the countdown until you can get your hands on it with the GA release of SQL Server 2016 on 1st June 2016
To celebrate this news we are offering a 20% discount off the INSIDE-SQL tickets (sorry not USB’s) use code ‘SQLServer2016’
Experts Panel on SQL Server 2016 (14-June 19:00-20:30)
We will be holding an experts panel session at our evening event which directly follows on from our full-day conference
For this we are planning to review this SQL Server 2016 release, gaining the views of our experts and yourselves, become part of the conversation.
SQL Server general availability
SQL Server 2016 will be generally available on June 1, 2016. SQL Server 2016 is a comprehensive high performance high scale data platform for your most demanding applications and insights on your data on any device. SQL Server 2016 seamlessly manages both relational and beyond relational (JSON, XML, Hadoop) data, seamlessly integrates structured data with Hadoop data, and seamlessly integrates on-premises data with cloud data. SQL Server 2016 is ideal for:
- Mission critical intelligent applications delivering real-time operational intelligence by combining built-in advanced analytics and in-memory technology without having to move the data or impact end user performance.
- Enterprise scale data warehousing with enhanced in-memory columnstore that increases query performance by over 100x vs disk based solutions. With SQL Server 2016, you can also access optimized MPP scale out software that can be combined with scale out appliance architecture with our Analytics Platform System (APS).
- Applications requiring the highest levels of security with new Always Encrypted technology that protects your data at rest and in motion without impacting database performance.
- Comprehensive business intelligence solutions on mobile devices with an end-to-end mobile BI solution built-in that can deliver insights on any device. You can also manage all of your KPIs, mobile reports and traditional reports from a modern web portal.
- New big data solutions that require combining relational data with non-relational data with PolyBase technology built-in that allows you to query structured and unstructured data with the simplicity of T-SQL.
- Hybrid cloud solutions that can reduce storage costs, improve high availability and simplify IT operations with new Stretch Database technology. This keeps more of your historical data at your fingertips by transparently and securely stretching warm and cold OLTP data to Microsoft Azure on-demand without application changes. In addition, faster replicas can be placed in Azure to give you cost effective disaster recovery and backups.
With this new innovation, SQL Server 2016 is the first born-in-the-cloud database, where features such as Always Encrypted and Role Level Security were first validated in Azure SQL Database by hundreds of thousands of customers and billions of queries.
Check out thier [blog posts] SQL 2016 – It Just Runs Faster for insights into WHY SQL Server 2016 can improve perormance